By Christopher Schmitt, Kyle Simpson
Each informative recipe comprises pattern code and a close dialogue on why and the way the answer works. ideal for intermediate to complicated internet and cellular net builders, this useful booklet permits you to decide upon the HTML5 positive factors that paintings for you—and is helping you test with the rest.
- Test browsers for HTML5 aid, and use strategies for utilizing unsupported features
- Discover how HTML5 makes net shape implementation a lot simpler
- Overcome demanding situations for imposing local audio and video elements
- Learn thoughts for utilizing HTML5 with ARIA accessibility guidelines
- Explore examples that conceal utilizing geolocation info on your applications
- Draw pictures, use transparencies, upload gradients and styles, and extra with Canvas
By Vishal Layka
Web improvement remains to be one among ultra-modern most well liked, lively, and critical programming and improvement actions. From a unmarried website to an e-commerce-enabled website to a fully-fledged internet software, the Java programming language and its frameworks let you excellent flexibility and productiveness in your net program development.
Learn Java for internet Development teaches net builders who're new to Java key abilities, Java-based languages, and frameworks to construct basic or advanced websites and purposes. once you choose up this e-book, Vishal Layka's event publications you on a truly functional studying and construction trip.
You will study the Java nuts and bolts essential to construct an easy "HelloWorld" Java (native) software, in addition to a "HelloWorld" Java-based internet program instance that makes use of servlets and Java Server Pages (JSPs). Over the process the booklet, you will study extra approximately servlets and JSPs and delve into Java Server Faces (JSFs) and the expression language present in each one of those via utilizing them in a real-world case study—a booklet shop e-commerce program. Then you’ll construct your internet software utilizing Apache Struts2 and the Spring MVC framework.
The ebook concludes by way of exploring the net software that you've got outfitted and analyzing top practices and the way those could healthy along with your software, in addition to overlaying replacement Java net frameworks like Groovy/Grails and Scala/Play 2. you can also discover the fundamentals of Java, Groovy, and Scala within the book’s appendices.
While examining this publication, you will see all this in motion and you'll use it as a kick off point for extra Java internet improvement. examine and scan with the numerous resource code examples, and later observe them for your personal net program construction endeavors and 2:00 AM demanding situations.
By Vijay Joshi
Publisher: Packt Publishing
Publication Date: 2010-12-14
Number of Pages: 332
jQuery and Hypertext Preprocessor are the dynamic duo that would let you construct robust internet functions. This Cookbook is the simple approach in with over 60 recipes masking every thing from the fundamentals to making plugins and integrating databases.
Create wealthy and interactive internet purposes with personal home page and jQuery
Debug and execute jQuery code on a stay site
Design interactive varieties and menus
Another name within the Packt Cookbook variety, for you to assist you familiarize yourself with personal home page in addition to jQuery
Who This e-book Is For
What you are going to Learn
Start from the fundamentals and examine pro-level tips by way of the top of the book
Create interactive and dynamic hierarchical menus
Apply crowd pleasing results on shape elements
Integrate a database besides personal home page and jQuery
Use AJAX to augment person event and web page interaction
Learn the way to paintings with JSON and XML for effective information exchange
Create instruments and utilities on your internet applications
Master shape validation on buyer facet in addition to server side
As internet expertise evolves, the space among laptop purposes and internet purposes maintains to fade. And what higher technique to bridge that hole, in your personal site, than utilizing the easiest open resource applied sciences out there: personal home page and jQuery. The power-combo of those is prime the best way in revolutionizing the RIA global. even if they're effortless to combine, discovering or knowing easy methods to do what you need to do is very arduous.
The Hypertext Preprocessor jQuery Cookbook could be your convenient consultant with walkthroughs of universal integration projects and difficulties to help you grasp the chances to be had utilizing the Hypertext Preprocessor and jQuery mixture. you are going to research quickly options to worthwhile projects to combine the facility of 2 of the easiest identified and most generally used net applied sciences of this day – Hypertext Preprocessor at the server part and jQuery at the consumer aspect. go with the flow throughout the fundamentals and flow to complex issues to create dynamic and interactive internet functions with this e-book in hand.
This e-book covers a big selection of technical features of making an interactive site. except fundamentals of Hypertext Preprocessor and jQuery, you are going to plow through complex issues like developing plugins, validating controls, and invaluable utilities that you'll be capable of use as stand-alone instruments. AJAX, the most important means of browser-server conversation is roofed intimately. additionally, you will discover ways to use JSON, that's changing into most well liked as a method of information interchange over XML, either in net functions and internet services.
Most importantly, through the use of jQuery and personal home page jointly, it is possible for you to to boost purposes which are appropriate with all significant browsers, without having to jot down code detailed at particular browsers!
Take the shortcut to constructing wealthy web functions in natural Java. Vaadin makes it effortless and this cookbook makes it more uncomplicated nonetheless with its functional recipes and easy approach.
- Covers intriguing beneficial properties similar to utilizing drag and n anddrop, growing charts, customized parts, lazy loading, server-push performance, and extra
- Tips for facilitating the advance and trying out of Vaadin applications.
- Enhance your functions with Spring, Grails, or Roo integration.
It is de facto dear and significant to strengthen wealthy web functions from scratch. Vaadin is an grand framework that comprises many ready-made elements for the production of consumer interfaces. purposes created in Vaadin have compatibility with the entire most up-to-date models of net browsers. even supposing the screenshots during this e-book are from Chrome, examples may also run on different browsers like Firefox Mozilla, web Explorer, and Opera.
"Vaadin 7 Cookbook" includes many useful recipes that we've got collected throughout the improvement of Vaadin functions. This publication might help you to take your studying event to the following point via supplying you with many suggestions to the typical difficulties confronted in addition to motives. there's much more than that. Vaadin 7 Cookbook is going past the fundamentals and indicates you ways to construct Vaadin software for real-world scenarios.
"Vaadin 7 Cookbook" starts off with the production of a undertaking in a number of instruments and languages then strikes to parts, layouting, occasions, info binding, and customized widgets. Vaadin, including Grails, is a robust instrument for the fast improvement of RIA purposes and this can be defined in a bankruptcy on how you can paintings with GORM, provider, compiling a widgetset. the standard and balance of the applying, trying out the Vaadin code, and information administration of Vaadin can be defined in detail.
"Vaadin 7 Cookbook" is concentrated on studying and figuring out tips to paintings with Vaadin in addition to testing Vaadin with different applied sciences corresponding to Grails .
What you'll examine from this book
- Develop a wealthy net program in natural Java language.
- Create a Vaadin undertaking in several IDEs and systems.
- Explore the hot Vaadin 7 positive aspects equivalent to Extensions, URI fragments, Converter mechanism, and extra.
- Understand and use varieties of layouts.
- Use build-in atomic elements corresponding to button, desk, textual content box, and extra.
- Bind version to elements and fetch information from the database lazily.
- Work with listeners and occasions and increase your net program through including server-push accessories.
- Integrate Vaadin into the Grails framework.
This is a cookbook with easy-to-follow recipes containing sensible and specific examples that are all totally subsidized up with code, illustrations, and information.
Who this publication is written for
"Vaadin 7 Cookbook" is for builders who are looking to create wealthy net purposes with Vaadin.
Both rookies to Vaadin and those that have a few adventure with it is going to locate recipes to extend their operating wisdom of Vaadin..
By Jason Lengstorf, Thomas Blom Hansen
PHP is a server-side scripting language that permits you to improve dynamic websites that have interaction clients in ways in which are easily impossible utilizing merely HTML and CSS. PHP for Absolute Beginners takes a realistic method of educating you ways to construct dynamic content material in your site utilizing personal home page. You’ll speedy start with useful personal home page initiatives, studying easy methods to construct a dynamic photo gallery. via the top of the ebook you’ll can have constructed a private web publication whole with a password safe admin module.
PHP for Absolute Beginners will not swamp you with each element of the entire personal home page language up entrance – as an alternative, you’ll be brought to a small, flexible subset of personal home page and discover ways to use it creatively to strengthen dynamic sites. within the technique you'll learn how to use variables, keep watch over constructions, features, and gadgets for your virtue. you are going to the way to plan and create databases and the way to arrange your Hypertext Preprocessor scripts superbly. on the finish of the ebook, you can be a convinced personal home page person, able to take the subsequent steps in developing nice websites.
You can simply create a professional-looking site with not anything greater than a standard computing device and a few uncooked ambition. are looking to construct a weblog, promote items, create boards, or advertise an occasion? No challenge! This pleasant, jargon-free e-book can provide the strategies, instruments, and recommendation you must construct a website and get it up at the Web.
The very important things you have to know:
- Master the basics. study HTML5, the language of the Web.
- Design handsome pages. Use kinds to construct polished layouts.
- Get it online. discover a trustworthy internet host and decide an exceptional net address.
- Use time-saving tools. study unfastened instruments for developing web content and monitoring your visitors.
- Attract visitors. verify humans can locate your website via renowned se's like Google.
- Build a community. motivate repeat visits with social media.
- Bring within the cash. Host Google advertisements, promote Amazon’s wares, or push your personal items that individuals should purchase through PayPal.
By Mario Heiderich, Eduardo Alberto Vela Nava, Gareth Heyes, David Lindsay
Web functions are used each day by way of thousands of clients, that is why they're probably the most well known vectors for attackers. Obfuscation of code has allowed hackers to take one assault and create hundreds-if now not millions-of variations which could stay clear of your safety features. Web program Obfuscation takes a glance at universal internet infrastructure and protection controls from an attacker's point of view, permitting the reader to appreciate the shortcomings in their protection platforms. learn how an attacker could pass kinds of protection controls, how those very safety controls introduce new different types of vulnerabilities, and the way to prevent universal pitfalls with a view to increase your defenses.
- Named a 2011 most sensible Hacking and Pen trying out publication by way of InfoSec Reviews
- Looks at protection instruments like IDS/IPS which are frequently the single security in keeping delicate facts and assets
- Evaluates net software vulnerabilties from the attacker's standpoint and explains how those very platforms introduce new varieties of vulnerabilities
- Teaches tips on how to safe your facts, together with information on browser quirks, new assaults and syntax tips to upload for your defenses opposed to XSS, SQL injection, and more
By Steve Souders
Want your website to reveal extra speedy? This ebook offers 14 particular principles that would lower 25% to 50% off reaction time while clients request a web page. writer Steve Souders, in his task as leader functionality Yahoo!, amassed those most sensible practices whereas optimizing many of the most-visited pages on the internet. Even websites that had already been hugely optimized, resembling Yahoo! seek and the Yahoo! entrance web page, have been capable of make the most of those unusually uncomplicated functionality guidelines.
Each functionality rule is supported through particular examples, and code snippets can be found at the book's spouse site. the principles comprise how to:
- Make Fewer HTTP Requests
- Use a content material supply Network
- Add an Expires Header
- Gzip Components
- Put Stylesheets on the Top
- Put Scripts on the Bottom
- Avoid CSS Expressions
- Reduce DNS Lookups
- Avoid Redirects
- Remove Duplicates Scripts
- Configure ETags
- Make Ajax Cacheable
If you are development pages for top site visitors locations and need to optimize the event of clients vacationing your website, this e-book is indispensable.
"If everybody might enforce simply 20% of Steve's directions, the net will be adramatically greater position. among this publication and Steve's YSlow extension, there is reallyno excuse for having a slow site anymore."
-Joe Hewitt, Developer of Firebug debugger and Mozilla's DOM Inspector
"Steve Souders has performed an exquisite activity of distilling a huge, semi-arcane artwork right down to a collection of concise, actionable, pragmatic engineering steps that may swap the realm of internet performance."
-Eric Lawrence, Developer of the Fiddler net Debugger, Microsoft Corporation
Get the simplest from the world’s hottest CMS. observe the head subject matters and plugins, be encouraged by means of the best websites outfitted on WordPress, craft ideal topics and lead them to responsive, change from CSS to Sass, develop your workflow and masses extra
App Engine's Python help contains a quick Python 2.7 interpreter, the traditional library, and a Wsgi-based runtime atmosphere. make a choice from many well known internet software frameworks, together with Django and Flask.
- Get a hands-on creation to App Engine's instruments and contours, utilizing an instance application
- Simulate App Engine in your improvement desktop with instruments from Google Cloud Sdk
- Structure your app into separately addressable modules, every one with its personal scaling configuration
- Exploit the ability of the scalable Cloud Datastore, utilizing queries, transactions, and knowledge modeling with the ndb library
- Use Cloud Sql for normal relational databases with App Engine applications
- Learn the way to set up, deal with, and check up on your software on Google infrastructure