By Gilles Deleuze
An research of the paintings of Michel Foucault, this article offers Deleuze's engagement with Foucault's critical issues of information, energy and the character of subjectivity.
Quick preview of Foucault PDF
Best Philosophy books
The 'Second Sophistic' is arguably the fastest-growing region in modern classical scholarship. This brief, obtainable account explores a number of the ways that sleek scholarship has approached the most impressive literary phenomena of antiquity, the striking oratorical tradition of the Early Imperial interval.
Socrates' maximum philosophical contribution was once to have initiated the quest for definitions. In Definition in Greek Philosophy his perspectives on definition are tested, including these of his successors, together with Plato, Aristotle, the Stoics, Galen, the Sceptics and Plotinus. even though definition was once a huge pre-occupation for lots of Greek philosophers, it has not often been handled as a separate subject in its personal correct lately.
Tyler Burge offers a considerable, unique learn of what it truly is for people to symbolize the actual global with the main primitive type of objectivity. by means of reflecting at the technological know-how of conception and similar mental and organic sciences, he provides an account of constitutive stipulations for perceiving the actual international, and hence goals to find origins of representational brain.
The Stoic thinker Epictetus has been some of the most influential of historic thinkers, either in antiquity itself and nowa days. Theodore Scaltsas and Andrew S. Mason current ten in particular written papers which debate Epictetus' proposal on a variety of matters, together with ethics, common sense, theology, and psychology; discover his relatives to his predecessors (including his philosophical heroes, Socrates and Diogenes the Cynic, in addition to the sooner Stoic tradition); and think about his impression on later thinkers.
- Reason and Responsibility: Readings in Some Basic Problems of Philosophy (13th Edition)
- Democracy in Europe: A History
- The Atomists: Leucippus and Democritus: Fragments (Phoenix Presocractic Series)
- Virtues and Vices in Positive Psychology (1st Edition)
- The Fiery Brook: Selected Writings (Radical Thinkers)
- El mundo como voluntad y representación II: Complementos (3a Edition) (Die Welt als Wille und Vorstellung, Volume 2)
Additional info for Foucault
- Between East and West: From Singularity to Community (European Perspectives: A Series in Social Thought and Cultural Criticism)
- The Meaning of Stoicism (Martin Classical Lectures. Volume XXI)